On this page:
- Tibetan-English online dictionary by A.M.Pellegrini
- Tibetan-English online dictionary (freelang)
- Nithartha Tibetan-English dictionary
- Online English-Tibetan dictionary by Tom Menke
- Eng-Tib and Tib-Eng dictionary on Glosbe.com
- Tibetan-English and Eng-Tib Dictionaries in PDF
Tibetan-English translation tools
To use these dictionaries, you can use this Tibetan Keyboard for write in Tibetan script.
1. Tibetan-English online dictionary by A.M.Pellegrini
Free Tibetan to English Translation Tool by Andrés Montano Pellegrini is probably the best free online Tibetan-English dictionary, which you can find. In the search box you can enter either Tibetan text in Wylie transliteration or the letters in Tibetan script directly. For writing you can use the Tibetan on-screen keyboard. The text that you write with it, simply copy to the search box of dictionary.
2. Tibetan-English on-line dictionary – Freelang
Freelang.net is nonprofit dictionary project which consists of dozens of languages. One of them is the Tibetan.
3. Nithartha Tibetan-English dictionary
Enter the Tibetan term in Wylie format. Separate syllables with a blank character (i.e., karma would be kar ma.) The dictionary database will return English translations of the term.
Search in dictionary:
4. Online English-Tibetan dictionary
Online dictionary to translate to modern colloquial Tibetan from English by Tom Menke:
5. Online English-Tibetan (Tibetan-English) dictionary
Online dictionary to translate Tibetan-English-Tibetan by Glosbe.com:
6. Tibetan-English and English-Tibetan Dictionaries for download
You can open / download as well as other free Tibetan dictionaries in the PDF:
Tibetan-English dictionaries for download
- Tibetan-English dictionary with special reference to the prevailing dialects, H. A. Jäshke (PDF, 41.3MB)
- Tibetan and English dictionary by Alexander Csoma de Kőrös (Free on Google Books)
- A Tibetan-English dictionary with Sanskrit synonyms, Sarat Chandra Das (PDF, 74,2 MB)
- Chinese-Tibetan-English Dictionary of New Daily Vocabulary (PDF, 200 MB)
English-Tibetan dictionaries for download
- An English-Tibetan dictionary, Zla-ba-Bsam-grub, Kazi (PDF, 52,7 MB)
- English-Tibetan colloquial dictionary, Sir Charles Alfred Bell (PDF, 31,7 MB)
- English-Tibetan Dictionary of Modern Tibetan – by Melvyn C. Goldstein (PDF, 23 MB)
Post author: Martin Vorel